Thursday 2 February 2012

The Big Year Movie Review

The-Big-Year-movie-poster



Director: David Frankel
Writers: Mark Obmascik, Howard Franklin (screenplay)
In Theaters: (USA)
Running Time: 100 minutes
Cast: Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Steve Martin, Rosamund Pike, JoBeth Williams


Synopsis:

The film centers on three avid bird watchers namely: Brad Harris (Jack Black), Kenny Bostick (Owen Wilson) and Stu Preissler (Steve Martin). Together, these three join in a group of bird watchers to compete for the annual prestigious competition, The Big Year. They go to different places just to get hold of the rarest bird that they can find. Several things happen along the way among these three bird watchers. They are torn between their priorities towards their family and jobs or pursuing their dreams in life. In the end, they have to make an ultimate choice.


Reaction:

At first I was hesitant to watch this film as I got some negative feedback from friends. They told me it is a boring film. However, it did not discourage me at all. I even got more curious and so I decided to watch it myself at home. I am glad I did! First of all, I like those three actors; Black, Wilson and Martin. I know they are great comedy actors. While watching the film, I realized it is a bit mellow, not the usual stuff one would expect from a Jack Black/Steve Martin/Owen Wilson comedy flicks. However, I really like the film. It is actually a feel good movie with a light comedy on the side and a bit of drama as well. The actors did not outshine each other. I like how the characters were developed. They were given their own moments. The film is not the usual comedy films with all those crazy antics. It is quite comforting to watch every scene with all those astounding scenery and of course, those amazing rare birds. I do not have much knowledge about birds but I learn to appreciate them from this film. I find them interesting. I get to appreciate the boundless beauty of nature as well.

Overall, this film is highly recommended for the family. It is a heart warming film that gives viewers the chance to ponder about life, priorities and dreams. A great movie that is something fresh and light!


The Big Year's official movie trailer:  






Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. haven't seen the movie yet.
    but, i think its interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...