Tuesday 1 May 2012

A Little Bit of Heaven Movie Review

A Little Bit of Heaven Movie Poster



Director: Nicole Kassell
Writer: Gren Wells
In Theaters: May 4, 2012 (USA)
Running Time: 106 minutes
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Rated: PG-13
Cast: Kate Hudson, Gael Garcia Bernal, Kathy Bates


Synopsis:

Marley Corbett (Kate Hudson) has a promising career ahead of her. However, things suddenly change after she found out that she has cancer. She undergoes chemotherapy treatments but her illness progresses further. Instead of feeling down and hopeless, she tries to make the most of her time. She spends her precious remaining days with her loved ones.


Reaction:

I am so used to watching Kate Hudson doing romantic comedy films. I guess it is her forte. She looks refreshing and entertaining. A Little Bit of Heaven is no way different than the rest of the films she did in the past.

Anyway, the film centers about a woman who tries to enjoy her dying days. For someone like me that got a family member who died from cancer, I can say that the film is kinda unrealistic. There were several scenes that appear just ridiculous. When it comes to the acting department, Kate Hudson is quite predictable. She is comfortable portraying romcom films with a bit of drama on the side. The rest of the cast are just fine, nothing much remarkable. Regardless of the poorly written script, the message is conveyed well to the audience. And that is to remain positive and cherish every moment while it lasts. 

This film is quite decent but I would not waste my time watching it in the theater. I would rather watch it on DVD at home with some friends one lazy afternoon. It has its funny moments and some light drama. My rating for this film would be 4 out of 10.




Check out its Official Movie Trailer:









Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review on A Little Bit of Heaven. I like Kate and a lot of my co-workers at Dish told me about this movie. I have read some reviews on it and it seems like a tear jerker for me. I always end up crying lol. I ran across it on Blockbuster @Home and to my surprise it’s available in Blu-ray. I should be getting this weekend so it would be a nice treat to sit down and relax.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...