Tuesday 20 March 2012

ATM Movie Review

atm+2012+movie+poster

Director: David Brooks
Writer: Chris Sparling
In Theaters: April 6, 2012 (USA, limited)
Running Time: 90 minutes
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Cast: Alice Eve, Josh Peck, Brian Geraghty


Synopsis:

In one unfortunate night, three co-workers decided to make a stop at an ATM station. They never thought of the great danger that awaits them. A lone stranger is lurking just outside the ATM station waiting for his next victim. This time, he sets his eyes on these three co-workers. 


Reaction:

This film is shot almost entirely inside a secluded ATM station. I find this film as forgettable. Probably, the least interesting film I have watched this year. The opening part of the film showed some sketches of the area where the killer would create some havoc. I thought his character would have been developed more but I was totally misled. There are several pieces that were not presented in the film such as the identity and motivation of the killer to kill anyone. 

In addition, those co-workers are all professionals. In real world, they could have worked together to to attack a lone killer who has nothing with him but a bat or some stuffs to kill his victims. It just does not make any sense why they never thought of that, making them look like idiots. This film is supposed to be a horror thriller genre but I was not even thrilled at all. The thrilling scenes are not convincing enough to even surprise me. I think the writer only put up those scenes to entertain the viewer but ending up in complete failure.
 
I should say this film is plainly silly. It is a plain insult on one's mind. I think the writer does not know where his story would lead. I would rate this film as 1 out of 10. One for the effort of the actors. If you are fond of horror thriller, this movie is not for you. Don't waste your time.



Check out its Official Movie Thriller:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...