Thursday 22 March 2012

The Vow Movie Review

The-Vow-movie-poster


Director: Michael Sucsy
Writers: Jason Katims, Abby Kohn, Stuart Sender, Marc Silverstein
In Theaters: February 10, 2012 (USA)
Running Time: 104 minutes
Genre: Drama, Romance
Cast: Rachel McAdams, Channing Tatum, Sam Neill


Synopsis:  

Paige (Rachel McAdams) and Leo (Channing Tatum) are happily married couple. However, a tragic car accident would test their love. Paige suffers severe injury. She is in a coma and wakes up one day, losing some parts of her memory. She completely loses her memory of her husband. Leo tries to win her love again. 


Reaction:

This review has long been overdue. I should have posted it back in February after watching the film. Anyway, I watched this film the second time just the other day.  I should say that it lacks much excitement the first time I watched it. Actually, the film is nothing new though it is inspired from a true story. I have seen several films in the past about a husband or a wife suffering from memory lost and the other one has to make extra effort to win back their love for each other. And as usual, the ending is predictable. Still, if you are a fan of romantic drama films, you would enjoy watching this film. It has its shining moments. Rachel McAdams is always a stand out in romantic films. Channing Tatum may not be as good as Rachel but he has shown some signs of improvement in his acting skill.

In addition, I like its unhurried pacing but towards the end, it was kinda dragging. The dialogues, though there are some cheesy moments but they are fine to my taste. This film is good to watch if you do not want to take much of your time pondering about its story. It is entertaining enough. I would rate this as 5 out of 10. 


Check out its Official Movie Trailer:






2 comments:

  1. You probably won't ever see Channing Tatum ferociously chewing the scenery, but you must give him props for earnestness. In THE VOW he handles the voiceover narration, and you could feel him trying. But when he launches into his clunky theory on "moments of impact," it's hard for me to buy it as credible insight. Maybe I'm biased. Probably I've pigeonholed Channing Tatum. Perhaps I was expecting him to bust an ill dance move or join a fight club. Me, I liked this film okay. And for the film's starry-eyed target audience, no amount of dis will sway them. Still, somewhere, even the staff writers at Hallmark are rolling their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceska, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your comment. Hope to see more of you. :) Anyway, as for Channing Tatum, he really falls off short in the acting department but still I can see he is trying. I saw one of his early films, She's The Man. He has made some improvements since then.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...